Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound and audio device are frozen not moving XP  (Read 2050 times)

ruslan

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

sound and audio device are frozen not moving XP
    « on: May 20, 2009, 04:10:14 AM »
    Hi
    i cant move device volume its on low frozen.it happen when i used system restore points. Im rubish at computers could someone explaint to me in a simple way please.
    RUSLAN

hot dog

Re: sound and audio device are frozen not moving XP
    « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 04:19:56 AM »
    This might help... Go to START>right-click "my computer", select "properties". Click on the Hardware TAB, click on Device Manager.. When Device Manager opens, look at the list and where is says "sound, video and game controllers" click on the "+" sign.  On the submenu, right click on the Realtek audio, click on "uninstall", then restart your computer and when Windows reloads the sound driver automatically, maybe it be fixed ;D

ruslan

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 05:12:37 AM »
      Hi
      well my device manager is blank just on top of the  page under device manager on the left side just         file        action       view   help
      i tryed to figure it out by pressing the view it says device by type, device by conection
      resourse by conction,resources by type.pressed every things still blank.no idea
      thanks for ur advice

hot dog

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 04:01:45 PM »
      Is there anything showing up in the Device Manager list, besides what you see at the top?  Is there a "Computer" symbol with a "+" sign next to it?

ruslan

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 01:12:41 PM »
        hi
        thanks i sorted out.i went micrsoft support and help.My Plug and Play service was turned off .i had to type this magic words, services.msc .any away sort it out thanks.