Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Slow or Freezing Vista Gateway computer  (Read 3141 times)

showingoff27

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Slow or Freezing Vista Gateway computer
    « on: May 18, 2009, 04:19:25 PM »
    Here's the gist of the problem.  I restart computer and turn on World of Warcraft and play for awhile.  Turn it off and try to start a web browser.  It either takes forever for it to load or when it does the it just says connecting and never brings up a web page.  Now I have this same problem when I turn on a P2P program, Vuze.  Its like something gets turned on in the background that is sucking all my memory.  But I've used a few memory freeing programs and it doesn't seem to help.  I also did the memory diagnostic and ran a scandisk.  I've already done a virus scan and spyware check and both came up clean.  The only thing that helps is to restart the computer.  Even when I restart it it will take 5 minutes or more to log off just to restart.  I'm wondering if this is something in Vista I don't know how to fix.  I'm running.....

Gateway GT5657e
    Vista Home Premium SP 1 (up to date)
    AMD 2.2 dual core processor
    3 gig or DDR2 RAM
    Nvidia 9600 GSO 768mgs Card
    300 Gig HDD
    Zonealarm free Firewall
    AVG Free Virus
    Ad-Aware spyware

*edit*

I've now ran the other programs listed (malwarebytes, super antispyware, and RUBotted) and no malware came out.  Here is my hijackthis log:

I'm also running right now a Kaspersky's online scan but its not finished.  I've also added 3 logs from the Process Explorer program.  All are titled in order.  Any questions let me know. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
    « Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 04:32:07 AM by showingoff27 »

Bgs

Beginner

Re: Slow or Freezing Vista Gateway computer
      « Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 12:53:26 PM »
      Do you have 2 antivirus installed both running in same time?

showingoff27

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Slow or Freezing Vista Gateway computer
        « Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 03:24:06 PM »
        no I don't.  But I did download a few extra and run scans to make sure everything came back negative.