Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to access password protected account in command prompt  (Read 2687 times)

nfusmani

my laptop stopped working a few weeks ago. It would not start no matter what. I re-installed windows XP prof in a diff directory without formatting the disk and left the old OS which does not boot at this time. one of the account on the previous OS was pw protected. I need some very imporatant documents from this computer account which was pw protected and is un accessible through windows. I tried to go in command prompt and manully go in the old system directory and get into the user account. But it won't let me open the directory even in command prompt and gives me a msg that the direcory is un accessible.

Computer is working fine.  I can go to my computer- C:- document and settings. I see old accounts names here but I cannot go into the account which had pw.  Any idea how can i get those document files.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: How to access password protected account in command prompt
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 07:32:11 AM »
What happened to the password ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "