Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fire Fox is fine, but IE's Java doesn't work and certain pop-ups don't come up  (Read 6464 times)

SonataArctica121

Topic Starter

Starter

I have been having this strange problem with IE for almost a year now, but I put it off because I would use Fire Fox. Fire Fox has had absolutley no problems for me, however to use certain things like Tripod's text editor for websites, I can only use IE pluggins.

so here's the problem, internet explorer runs fine, however anything requiring Java (or atleast I think thats the problem) doesn't work. The best way to explain this would be this. Go to MLB.com. Normal computers will see the (atleast I think they are) java features like on the left, the blue/black scoreboard with teams showing who will be facing who. You should also see a slide show in the center. Also, if I wave the mouse over the "Team Sites," a dropdown should happen

When I go there via IE, I can only see the Headlines portions on the right with the blue links. Where the scoreboard is, I only see the grey background which it overlaps, as if it was removed. Also the slideshow is missing, just a white square. Also The drop down menu for team sites doesn't drop down

What's going on? This kind of stuff happens on these java type features on a lot of sites.

The other problem is, if I click on something that will open a new window or tab, it won't show. I think the best example would be if I were trying to download something, I wouldn't get the pop-up and Popup blocker is off.

Griff

Intermediate

• Experience: Expert
      Hm... make sure Java is enabled in Internet Explorer first.

Click "Tools" --> "Internet Options"
      Select the Advanced Tab, and scroll down to "Java (Sun)"
      Check the box next to the Java version
      Next, select the Security Tab, and select the "Custom Level" button
      Scroll down to "Scripting of Java applets"
      Make sure the "Enable" radio button is checked.
      Click OK to save your preference.
      Don't forget to give thanks if I was able to help ya! Please?

SonataArctica121

Topic Starter

Starter

Yeah I've already tried that :(

Griff

Intermediate

• Experience: Expert
          hm... reinstall Java?
          Don't forget to give thanks if I was able to help ya! Please?

SonataArctica121

Topic Starter

Starter

how do I do that?

Also Im not even sure if its a Java Problem. I think some of this relates back to an older issue I had. My cousin said something about one of the scripts in a program in my computer might be off. I don't know anymore lol. Still how do I uninstall it

Broni

Mastermind
            • Kraków my love :)
              • Computer Help Forum
            • Computer: Specs
            • Experience: Experienced
            What IE version is it?

Please download [color="#FF8C00"]JavaRa[/color] to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder
            • Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
            • Accept any prompts.
            • Open JavaRa.exe again and select Search For Updates.
            • Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button. Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.