Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DDS Event Viewer Errors  (Read 2787 times)

willythecat

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    DDS Event Viewer Errors
    « on: May 20, 2009, 04:48:48 PM »
    Hi everyone,
    Browsing through the forums as one does, came across a couple of posts where you requested DDS logs. Wanted to find out what these were so ran it (and now l know for future reference!).
    At the end of one of the logs, event viewer messages, it showed up a few errors. I cannot recall having any problems over the past week, so is there anything to worry about?

==== Event Viewer Messages From Past Week ========

16/05/2009 01:51:26, error: Cdrom [11]  - The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom1.
    15/05/2009 17:37:29, error: Service Control Manager [7023]  - The Application Management service terminated with the following error:  The specified module could not be found.
    14/05/2009 08:48:07, error: ipnathlp [31012]  - The DNS proxy agent encountered an error while obtaining the local list of name-resolution servers. Some DNS or WINS servers may be inaccessible to clients on the local network. The data is the error code.
    14/05/2009 07:43:57, error: DCOM [10005]  - DCOM got error "%1058" attempting to start the service upnphost with arguments "" in order to run the server: {204810B9-73B2-11D4-BF42-00B0D0118B56}
    14/05/2009 07:43:51, error: Service Control Manager [7000]  - The General Purpose USB Driver (adildr.sys) service failed to start due to the following error:  The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

Thanks

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: DDS Event Viewer Errors
    « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 08:22:20 PM »
    If you keep reading WebMD daily, I'm pretty sure, after a few days, you'll realize, that you have at least few illnesses, and in reality, you're healthy like a horse.
    Clue: don't use WebMD :)

Same with the computer....if it's not broken....

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 08:24:21 PM »
    From what i see it's looking for a USB device that used to be there at one time....
    WebMD.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

willythecat

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 02:21:08 AM »
      Thanks Broni & Patio,
      It was just a one off, through sheer curiosity really, and l'll probably never run it again unless of course l'm asked to by one of you in the event of a problem.
      Thanks for answering.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 05:59:09 PM »
      You're welcome :)