Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Getting Win xp x64 to see RAID controler  (Read 3352 times)

j a beagle

Topic Starter

Rookie

Getting Win xp x64 to see RAID controler
    « on: August 31, 2009, 03:57:37 PM »
    I have an ASUS P5w motherboard with a Pentium 3.0 ghz CPU, 8 gb of RAM, 5 HDD (2 in a RAID 0 configuration) and 3 Optical DVD RW drives.  This will be a video editing machine.  I started with a 32 bit version of Windows XP and after installation, Windows would only see the HDDs connected to the Intel bridge.
    The board has a JMicron 363, and a Silicone Image RAID driver as well.  I set up 2 320GB HDDs, RAID 0, in the JMicron driver.  After following the install instructions to the letter I couldn't get Windows to see the controller.  I have sense upgraded the OS to XP x64.  Again I carefully installed the OS, hitting F6 on cue and inserting the data on my JMicron self made floppy disk.  Still Windows is blind to not only the RAID drive but the IDE drive I also have connected to the same JMicron controller.  WHAT CAN I BE DOING WRONG?  Microsoft wants $60.00 to help me out.  HEY THAT'S MORE THAN I PAID FOR THEIR QUESTIONABLE SOFTWARE!
    Can any of you 64 bit pros out there sooth my aching head.