Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: boot atap cd-rom no emulation press any key to boot cd.  (Read 3930 times)

petenwlk

Topic Starter

Rookie

boot atap cd-rom no emulation press any key to boot cd.
    « on: May 21, 2009, 12:20:25 AM »
    My hard drive stoped working so i formated it and reinstaled windows xp..Everything was going as planed but after i installed xp i recieved boot atap cd-rom ,no emulation , press any key to boot cd....... the comp i am using is an sony vaio desktop...if any one can help plz do.. thx   
    See, the human mind is kind of like ... a pinata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the pinata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience.

hot dog

Re: boot atap cd-rom no emulation press any key to boot cd.
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 12:34:57 AM »
    did you remember to take the installation CD out of the drive, after the installation was complete?

petenwlk

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 01:26:29 AM »
      yes i did...i even tried to run it in the dvd drive..
      See, the human mind is kind of like ... a pinata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the pinata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience.

hot dog

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 01:43:16 AM »
      go into CMOS, and disable booting from the optical drives, to simplify this....just make sure the your harddrive remains bootable.....Currently, your computer is set to booting  from the one of the optical drives, before the Harddrive, and you may just have a bad optical drive/s..

petenwlk

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 01:45:18 AM »
        ok..im at work at the moment, but when i get home ill give it a try..thx

hot dog

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 01:48:16 AM »
        let us know what happens :)

drum roll...