Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Issue with Wireless Linksys WRT54GS Router and Sprint 645 Modem  (Read 4989 times)

Vitalius

Topic Starter

Rookie

Hello,

I have the above hooked up to my Windows Vista computer the Modem is fine all by itself (the internet works). The problem is with the Router. I hooked everything up and turned it all on then inserted the cd and went through set up for the router. Unfortunately, I hadn't noticed the sticker that said (Run cd first before connecting cables) me and my idiocy. Well now it won't connect to the internet while the router is in the connection. It goes My computer --> Linksys Router --> Sprint 645 series Modem --> internet. The wifi works fine -_- i can get connected to the network while its on... its just its not connected to the internet which is the problem. I have used the Command Prompt to see my IP Address while just modem is connected and its 192.168.1.2... but while the Linksys is connected its 192.168.1.100 and I have called My ISP and they said it should work fine together because they are both DHCP and its enabled. So I have to ask... what is wrong?? I have used the Reset button on the router several times -_-. Please help

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Issue with Wireless Linksys WRT54GS Router and Sprint 645 Modem
      « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 02:02:33 PM »
      Have you uninstalled the router software / rebooted disconnected from the router / then followed the instructions to do it right this time?

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Vitalius

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 06:17:18 PM »
        all right :P i figure out that the CD is to setup/config the router... problem is when i run the setup it gets to the last step of turning on the router and it says It can't detect it. It gives error code 322 if any of u actually know what error that is. It gives 3 steps to fix it... 1. Make sure the power cord is plugged into the router. (yes) 2. Make sure u aren't hooking up your old router or gateway. (i didnt have one b4 so not an issue). and 3. hit Retry to retry setting up your router. ... I have no idea what's wrong... only 2 things i can think of. The first one is that it thinks that the current router is an old one since i plugged it in early... I can't fix that -_- i have tried hitting reset on the back of it and that doesn't work. (i held it for 30+ seconds b4 so i know it reset). and the other is right b4 reset it says "Checking Network Adapter" then "Checking Network Status" both get checks beside them... but i think that because i am using a laptop to do it it might mess that part up.. I don't know why though. -_- i dont have access to a "working" desktop so i have no clue what to do. In the picture while setting it up it shows a desktop so i dont know... when the router is on I can connect to its network by WiFi... not sure if that helps but i can.

Vitalius

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 06:30:17 PM »
          If u haven't noticed I like to be detailed, and I can't uninstall the software .. cuz like i said it was to config the router.. so no software on my comp.. XD just letting u know i tried what the guy above said (sorry I forgets things really fast like names unless i use them alot)

Vitalius

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 05:42:04 PM »
            SOLUTION!

For any who may need this in the future i fixed it. I just had to give my Router and Modem 2 different local and internet based IP address's. for example my Router's would be 192.168.1.5 for local, and it would end as 1.6 for internet, and the modem's would be (my default) 192.168.1.1 for local and 1.2 for internet. This is all i had to do XD. and now it works.