Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Connection Interruption Error Page  (Read 2514 times)

Shalomgal

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Connection Interruption Error Page
    « on: May 19, 2009, 08:22:35 AM »
    The past few weeks I get a lot of the same type of errors when opening Firefox or IE .... a page appears and says "Connection Interrupted" and below it says "your internet connection does not seem to be working" .... but it IS working! I refresh the page, and sometimes it will go ahead and load correctly, but half the time it won't. Doesn't matter what site I'm headed toward, half the time I get this error page!

Lately I'm also getting a lot of email errors that refer to sockets and one is like this:

"Socket Error: XXXXX, Port: XXX, [numbers removed] Protocol: POP.A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

We had a wireless router setup and just went to a wired setup, but I don't know why that would make a difference? We have four computers in the house.

It's like an alien is living inside my computer and sometimes takes control! I run all the virus protection programs I know of, but no red flags.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Marci

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Connection Interruption Error Page
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 02:44:16 AM »
    Do you have more that one computer on your home network?  Does this happen with all of them?  Sounds like an intermittent fault which could be caused by almost anything - poor network cables, faulty network cards, faulty router, faulty telephone wiring, etc, etc.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Shalomgal

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 07:15:56 AM »
      We replaced our wireless router to a wired router.

I restored a previous checkpoint on my computer.  This computer is the only one that has this problem.

I haven't seen the error in a couple days now.  Hopefully it's gone for good!

Appreciate your input!

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      « Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 03:04:43 AM »
      Okay, good.  Come back if you need help again!

Shalomgal

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 08:05:56 AM »
        Believe it or not, yesterday after I posted that, I went to some other sites and BAM, got the error again!  Right now, I don't know what else to do. 

USUALLY, when I refresh the page, it loads, so I guess until I come up with another bright idea, I'll just tolerate it for now.  OY VAY!

??? ??? ??? :||x :||x :||x

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
          • Me
        « Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 05:39:52 AM »
        Try replacing the network cable to the computer that's displaying these symptoms.  It sounds like a hardware-level fault to me.