Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to connect two wireless router?  (Read 2696 times)

freakinerick

Topic Starter

Beginner
    how to connect two wireless router?
    « on: May 14, 2009, 01:09:52 AM »
    the first wireless router is connected in the telephone line and the other wireless is located in second floor ..
    the signal of the wireless can be detected in the second floor if im using a laptop but i want also to use the net from my desktop in my room instead of using a wireless card ill use cabling.
    i dont want to use cable to connect the two router because it takes more than a hundred meters if ill pass through the corners..
    are the possible way to connect the two wireless router without using a wire to bind them together? pls help me a rookie in networking here.. thanks.. more power!
    em tryin' hard to be programmer
    and i need you to teach me sensei..

midsail

Hopeful
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: how to connect two wireless router?
      « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 06:52:44 PM »
      The first wireless router is the one receiving the the feed from the ISP? IF it has a web browser interface print the infor.  Compare the infor with the one on the second floor. One more ? Does the the desktop had a wireless card/ antenna?. Make sure the setting r the same on both routers. Let us known.

freakinerick

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 10:22:49 PM »
        the desktop doesnt have any wireless device... just want to mix up the wireless lan and wired LAN..
        my two router are linksys wrh54g. are there a posible way that i can convert one of the router as an Access Point?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:25:39 PM »
        Not sure exactly what you're asking..... However, I know that you can add a wireless antenna to your Desktop computer in order for it to have wireless capability.
        http://images.google.com.hk/images?hl=en&q=desktop%20wireless%20cards&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

freakinerick

Topic Starter

Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 08:03:28 PM »

the desktop doesnt have any wireless device
          what i mean is im using a cat5 cable in my desktop.. :)
          The desktop doesnt affect my concern any way :)

i just dont know how too connect two wireless router in each other.. ???
           Does my linksys home router 54g can be convetred as Access Point?

midsail

Hopeful
            • Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 04:18:13 PM »
            Yes.either one can be a AP. U just have to configure it. Remember both r wireless. U have to assign a SSID, password. I would make sure both have the same setting. Cheap men's way of extending the range since u already have 2 . Also make sure u use WPA/WPA2. If u r looking to physically connect both use a Ethernet cable. But way use cable, when u can set up a wireless network.