Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your  (Read 13612 times)

kutless

Topic Starter

Beginner
    getting really made got Nvidia 6100 video card in my laptop and the display driver wont install, i get this error message everytime. nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, did not work. I see it in device manager with a question mark beside it... Can any one help with this? and fast? getting really tired of not playing battlefield 2... .... Had vista reformatted to WinXP.. downloaded the drivers off HP website that are exactly for this and got the error message... dont have drivers on CD. Thx in advance
    Kutless. Today I will be the World's biggest geek Tomorrow I will be your boss.

kutless

Topic Starter

Beginner
      help? plz

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
      • Experience: Experienced
      Is the driver you're attempting to install from a download?  Do you have it on disk?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

GlitchPC

What's the make and model of your laptop?  Also...what operating system is on this laptop?

kutless

Topic Starter

Beginner
        I have solved the problem. Needed older drivers from Nvidia archive. I have a Compaq Presario f500 with Nvidia 6100.

HuisAppel

Greenhorn

I have the same problem, I have Windows 7 and i've got a GeFroce 220 graphics card and when I try to install the drivers it tels me "The NVIDIA System program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup wil exit now"
          What can I do to fix this problem. Please explane in detail because I am a novice.
          Thanks a lot.

Allan

• Mastermind
          • Experience: Guru
          You are posting in a thread that is a year old. Please start your own thread.

HuisAppel

Greenhorn

I'll try Thanks