Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Evil batch  (Read 16331 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: Evil batch
    « Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 04:44:12 AM »
    It shouldnt be I'll check it but when I am in the program like I said I can get it on with out any issues.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 04:56:34 AM »
    ok

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 09:45:27 AM »
      I dont get it.  I seen what was wrong but I took the path then from the program and it dont copy to the floppy.  I was attempting to copy the program its self or so I think.

[attachment deleted by admin]
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 06:22:22 AM »
        I notice that the program compresses the file would that matter?

ALAN_BR

Hopeful

• Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 09:13:57 AM »
          What is this program of which you speak ? ?

When a utility creates a compressed file, it may create a duplicate or Work In Progress variant as an intermediate stage.  This intermediate variant may be using more space than is available, and it may be doing so on a device / partition other than you expected.

Alan

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 09:14:52 AM »
          Why use a floppy?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 09:24:59 AM »
            cause it ask to back it up to it. 

ALAN_BR

Hopeful

• Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Experienced
              « Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 12:42:17 PM »
              What is this program of which you speak ? ?

The last time I saw a program that required a Floppy disk for backup,
              I was using DOS 3.32 with a 5.25" floppy disc.

Legacy programs from that era, or from early versions of Windows, may well have a few incompatibilities with more recent versions.

Alan

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 03:42:27 PM »
                what apperantly you stopped realizeing there value, I'm useing it with My Money a simple flash drive wouldnt work since that I have data on all mine and dont want to carry something like that around aside from it being a little harder to find and know where the files be at.

TheHoFL

Intermediate

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009, 03:54:36 PM »
                  You can pickup a cheap smaller flash drive for $7 - $15 now. If you can get the application to backup to a flash drive, i would do that.

HoFL
                  All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.  - Walt Disney

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 04:03:20 PM »
                    yes but as I said that I like to have this as the primary.  I have about six differnt ones and they all seem to be used when I am on the go to transfer stuff when I dont have like my laptop at hand.

TheHoFL

Intermediate

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 04:19:42 PM »
                      You could do what i did...Purchase a 2.5" HDD enclosure and HDD and just carry one external HDD that can hold all your data. That way you don't need all those flash drives. Then just allocate a folder for various backups...?
                      All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.  - Walt Disney

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 04:28:45 PM »
                        I done that as well drive filled up and it needs more space I cant really get another drive since I dont need any.  Also I found that an enclosure to be a pain at times.

TheHoFL

Intermediate

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 04:32:06 PM »
                          So you ran out of space on an external HDD and need to have your backup be created on a floppy drive?

Am I understanding this correctly?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 04:37:34 PM »
                            for the time being it is one the one thing that I hardly use at all.  I keep a could of safe disk ones with bootable programs but thats it.  Between haveing twenty pc's I dont really haved a spare drive except for these ones that are 15 years but yeah more or less that is right.