Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor showing green, purple and other various colors in rectangle blocks  (Read 2432 times)

dgiles

Topic Starter

Starter

It started with a few rows of colored dots, but now has turned into mutiple vertical colums of small colored blocks stacked on top of each other. If you scroll the screen, they disappear or reduce until you stabilize, then they start to appear again. I have switched monitors and it isn't that. Any suggestions? Video card?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    a problem with either the video card or it's driver.

I'd reinstall the video drivers- perhaps a newer, or earlier version. Failing that you'd likely need to replace the card.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

dgiles

Topic Starter

Starter

So can a video card slowly deteriorate? The lines were not that bad say a few months ago. FYI...I removed the videocard, clean it and reinstalled but the same issues.

I can replace the video card, but no chance it would be a software issue I assume?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      It's unlikely it's a software issue...
      To see if it's the card swap another one in there and see if the issue goes away...
      If so...it's the card.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "