Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP ME GRRR  (Read 1927 times)

jinjin

PLEASE HELP ME GRRR
« on: May 28, 2009, 09:59:37 PM »
THE main PROBLEM: OK i have an inspirion 1520 with 8600mgt. i was playing a video game but then my graphics drivers crashed, so i went to start> shutdown and i restarted the computer. when i turned it on again everything was ok so i turned on the game again. this time graphics driver crashed again but this time i had to shut down by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. now when i restarted the computer, the screen is BLANK AND BLACK, nothing shows up..no bios boot page, no windows logo, nada. i reckon that the system still runs b/c i can still hear the windows sound when i log into my account (yes i logged on blindly). also i can turn up and down the brightness, but i just can't see anything, CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?

ANOTHER PROBLEM:
so alot of people from other forums are saying its my gpu, but here is the other problem, MY DELL WARRANTY EXPIRED. is there any way for me to replace my 8600mgt with another 8600m gt? i can't send it to dell cause my warranty expired. i looked at the online manual and it seems like you could take out the 8600m gt on the inspiron 1520 with ease, but my problem now is finding another 8600m gt that is compatible with dell. i've googled and found nothing. does anyone know any place where i can get another 8600m gt card and remember my comp gpu is not mxm. anyone know any sites?

also is there a way to make it work without replacing the gpu? or if i have to replace the gpu, could i use something cheaper? please help me, i went to the nearest computer place and they can't help me and told me to call dell, but i can't do that neither cause my warranty expired

KingPincer

Intermediate

Re: PLEASE HELP ME GRRR
    « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 03:41:42 AM »
    Why don't you try to clean first your video card. Hope this helps.