Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Entering ".........."  (Read 2042 times)

Lahaina Bob

Entering ".........."
« on: May 30, 2009, 06:11:38 PM »
I'm preparing a list of names with telephone nbrs.  After entering the name can I have "...." automatically entered when I click the tab?  I'm using Word 2002

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Entering ".........."
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »
I'm preparing a list of names with telephone nbrs.  After entering the name can I have "...." automatically entered when I click the tab?  I'm using Word 2002
You want 4 . s between the name? You can create a macro to do that, I don't think pressing the tab key alone will do it.
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 10:39:04 AM »
You can create a macro with the program Autohotkey and have it type the text for you when you press a specified key on the keyboard.

Otherwise, you can simply copy the text and press CTRL + V at the end of the entered data.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 11:48:52 AM »
You can create a macro with the program Autohotkey and have it type the text for you when you press a specified key on the keyboard.

Otherwise, you can simply copy the text and press CTRL + V at the end of the entered data.
But one downside I found with auto hotkey, if you press part of a hotkey, it won't show up unleess you disable it, so use a button like `, which most people never use anyway. And Carbon, congratz on the 100d!
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.