Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Must Clear CMOS Memory With Every Hardware Change  (Read 1946 times)

5thape

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Must Clear CMOS Memory With Every Hardware Change
    « on: May 29, 2009, 11:36:32 PM »
    I recently put together a comp for my mom's business using old parts.  After setting up the computer for the first time I noticed that it would not boot up even though the motherboard, cpu, memory, hdd and psu were all fine (atleast I think).  The PSU would send power to the motherboard (mb light would turn on) but the computer would not start, no fans would whir.  I finally figured out that I would have to clear the cmos memory by taking out the battery for 20-30 secs then putting it back in.  Then the computer would power up fine.  But I have to do this every time there is ANY change in the hardware like adding a soundcard, moving any wires, even pulling out the power cord from the psu.  What is going on!?

KingPincer

Intermediate

Re: Must Clear CMOS Memory With Every Hardware Change
      « Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 04:31:19 AM »
      Well if your saying that this could be the cause of your problem. It could be nice if you would buy a new CMOS battery right?