Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor display buttons do not function  (Read 1967 times)

robbiej48

Topic Starter

Monitor display buttons do not function
    « on: May 31, 2009, 09:14:11 AM »
    I have a Samsung Syncmaster 550s monitor. I downloaded the driver for it from Samsung's support site and successfully installed it. However, while my monitors display works fine, none of the display setting buttons function. When I press one of the display settings buttons the green monitor light next to the power button temporarily flickers but nothing happens. I want to be able to adjust the screen size so that there is not a black border. This cannot be done through control panel and must be done via the monitor display buttons. Any help would be appreciated.

My OS is WinXP.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Monitor display buttons do not function
    « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 11:27:15 AM »
    Monitor sounds defective for those controls...Should be able to use buttons on face of display without installing anything other than correct drive for video card. Only then if the display does not support the resolution should there be any problems. If like you said you press the other buttons other than the power button and have no menu to adjust the display then the display sounds defective for the controls.

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 11:29:50 AM »
    how old is the monitors? Just wondering if you got warranty or you still have store receipt to exchange or return monitor .... fastest fix for the problem but ....

robbiej48

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 04:30:49 AM »
      The monitor is ancient by tech standards. It is at least 10 years old, probably more. Sounds like it is something that is not worth resolving. I just thought there may have been something that I overlooked.

Thanks