Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Freeze on bootup  (Read 3492 times)

Joeecer

Freeze on bootup
« on: May 19, 2005, 06:15:50 AM »
Ok here is my problem. EVERY time I boot up or restart the computer it freezes even before the memory check.  This has happened the entire time I have had the computer. I live with it because if you reset the BIOS defaults every time you start it then it will start. After that it runs perfectly. No freezing or trouble though it is a little slow sometimes. I am thinking that it is my BIOS, I have a M7VIT Pro motherboard and I believe the bios is Phoenix BIOS. If it is not the BIOS then What could it be? If it is the BIOS then what can I do about it? Any info will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Joe

Raptor

Re: Freeze on bootup
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 08:12:55 AM »
1. Make certain all hardware is properly seated
2. Reset your BIOS to the default settings and go over all the settings to see if there may be a problem caused by the default settings.

1. Are you certain it is freezing? Could it be that that your videocard is simply not properly seated or not giving image all of the time?

-- Check to see if the monitor cable is properly connected.

2. Does the computer continue to load (Make loading noises, blink HDD activity light, etcetera)

- This is not related to computer programming. You should be more heedful and post in the appropriate section next time.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 08:15:52 AM by Raptor »