Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Not sure excatly why this keeps happening  (Read 24775 times)

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
Not sure excatly why this keeps happening
« on: June 01, 2009, 10:46:49 PM »
I'm trying to put this in my Myspace site in my Blog, and it keeps  parts of it when I hit save.
See it says to Copy and Paste this HTML to embed in your Website-
Here is what it's suppose to be-
<iframe width="425" height="240" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/sv?cbp=12,21.52,,0,4.68&amp;cbll=35.132245,-89.968586&amp;v=1&amp;panoid=&amp;gl=us&amp;hl=en"></iframe>
<small><a id="cbembedlink" href="http://maps.google.com/maps?cbp=12,21.52,,0,4.68&cbll=35.132245,-89.968586&ll=35.132245,-89.968586&layer=c" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map[/url]</small>

When I hit save it changes it to this-
<[[iframe]] width="425" height="240" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/sv?cbp=12,21.52,,0,4.68&cbll=35.132245,-89.968586&v=1&panoid=&gl=us&hl=en" mce_src="http://maps.google.com/maps/sv?cbp=12,21.52,,0,4.68&cbll=35.132245,-89.968586&v=1&panoid=&gl=us&hl=en" mce_src="http://maps.google.com/maps/sv?cbp=12,21.52,,0,4.68&cbll=35.132245,-89.968586&v=1&panoid=&gl=us&hl=en">..

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Not sure excatly why this keeps happening
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 05:54:31 AM »
Is the IFRAME tag accepted by MySpace?  I suspect not.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 10:54:14 AM »
I don't know. How would I find out?
Any reason why it wouldn't be supported? I don't understand all that kind of stuff about things not being supported.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 11:01:50 AM »
one reason they wouldn't support it would be because it is often used to insert malware; for example, some prankster could comment on a myspace page and insert a Iframe that points to a malware distribution site. Things go downhill from there.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 11:25:29 AM »
Could someone please help me with figuring out how to put this up on my site?
Also, thank you for explaining this to me, because I would like to learn more about if this is why sometimes things get erased whenever someone inserts comments on my site. I've had my whole page erased at times and I don't understand all that stuff.
Really confusing about all the code stuff.
I understand a good bit about making websites, but I don't understand why stuff like this doesn't work right.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 11:30:04 AM »
Is it a full map you want on your site or just an image?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 11:50:19 AM »
Just the picture of the house that my Grandparents lived in. I found it on Google maps thing and that is the code it gave for adding to sites.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 12:00:37 PM »
It would work if you had your own website....

Anyway, go here, turn the view to the house you want, then click the icon in the top right corner. You can then follow this guide on taking a screenshot of the image and uploading it to a hoster, then adding to your page the same way you would add an image to this forum.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 12:15:03 PM »
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean about I don't have my own website. This is my myspace site that I'm adding it to. I login by entering in my username and password.
Is there something I'm not understanding here about websites?
I also have been creating sites on Facebook, Angelfire, Geocities, also now trying Bellsouth stuff out too since they are our ISP they give us same type of stuff as Myspace and other things like that.

I also clicked on the top corner and it seems to just switch it to full view when I click the icon. It doesn't seem to bring up any guide.

GlitchPC

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 12:55:20 PM »
Amy...I hope the info I gave you in chat worked...

All my best!

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 01:00:21 PM »
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean about I don't have my own website. This is my myspace site that I'm adding it to. I login by entering in my username and password.

MySpace by definition isn't a "website".

I also clicked on the top corner and it seems to just switch it to full view when I click the icon. It doesn't seem to bring up any guide.

Sorry, I forgot to post the link: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,61232.0.html

Amy...I hope the info I gave you in chat worked...

Whatever it was, if it didn't work, just take a screenshot of what you want and upload to a file hoster.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 04:53:03 PM »
Ok, now I'm really confused then on what a website is. A website is stuff you see on the internet? A site that has pictures, text, links, all that stuff on it? If myspace is not a website, then what is it then? You type in www.myspace.com and then login same as any other site you go to and login with username and password and then upload your photos or other files.
Yes, I got it to work, I uploaded my file to my myspace site.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 05:06:16 PM »
Ok, now I'm really confused then on what a website is. A website is stuff you see on the internet? A site that has pictures, text, links, all that stuff on it? If myspace is not a website, then what is it then? You type in www.myspace.com and then login same as any other site you go to and login with username and password and then upload your photos or other files.
Yes, I got it to work, I uploaded my file to my myspace site.

Myspace restricts what you can and can not put on the site. It may be "yours" in your own mind, but the entire site is owned by Myspace (or whatever company or person owns it), including all pictures or text.
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 05:26:45 PM »
But why do they allow us to upload our pictures and put whatever text and stuff and customize any layouts and stuff, templates and stuff? I guess I still don't understand then what a website is then. Also, aren't all websites owned by someone in a way though?
Stuff we put on it the pictures, text, no matter whether we created it on myspace or any other site.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 05:33:41 PM »
But why do they allow us to upload our pictures and put whatever text and stuff and customize any layouts and stuff, templates and stuff? I guess I still don't understand then what a website is then. Also, aren't all websites owned by someone in a way though?
Stuff we put on it the pictures, text, no matter whether we created it on myspace or any other site.

If you have purchased the domain name, like WWW.EXAMPLE.COM , you own that domain until it expires. Anything on a free web host (or a myspace page), are owned by the site owners (although they probably wouldn't take it, they're getting enough money from people paying them for no advertising, and the advertising).
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.