Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LAN driver for HP Pavilion dv 6306rs for XP Pro  (Read 6501 times)

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    LAN driver for HP Pavilion dv 6306rs for XP Pro
    « on: June 09, 2009, 03:46:06 PM »
    Hello!
    A laptop user approached me with a Pavilion dv 6306rs, which was recently downgraded to XP Pro.
    The problem is the LAN adptor is notwork so he cannot connect to the local network, we downloaded from the HP website the following driver sp36684. This driver apparently it only installs the wireless adptor and not the LAN adptor. Is there something we missing? or any suggestion how we can get the right device drivers for this laptop?   

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: LAN driver for HP Pavilion dv 6306rs for XP Pro
    « Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 05:31:53 PM »
    Try this driver: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33645.exe
    For any other XP drivers, check here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic75510.html (post #6)

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 03:17:05 AM »
      Thanks for your post! I downloaded the driver from the link u posted installed it still no solution.
      Well when i go to the device manager i find installed the following, 1394 Net Adapter it shaws that its working and connected but it does not send or receive any packets, and when i go to its properties click repair i get the following error message TCP/IP Protocol is not activated for this connection. How do i go about activating this protocol?,  perhaps that is the solution I'm trying to Google for this error with no avail,.
      Keep posting i will do the same if i get the solution.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 12:05:06 PM »
      Why would you use IEEE 1394 (Firewire) to connect? Technically, it's possible, but it needs very expensive cable.
      You use Ethernet port.

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 02:38:25 AM »
        Well its not that i want to use IEEE1394, its showing as one of the network adapter in Device manager the other one is the wireless adapter which is fine. Now i'm battling to have the LAN adapter function too, i downloaded the drivers u suggested run it but still there is no solution, any more help i appreciate.

By the way the 1394 Net Adapter, automatically installs its drivers once the XP OS installation is done. My concern now is to find the LAN adapter drivers. Please help

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 06:40:21 AM »
        If the driver Broni provided did not work perhaps the onboard LAN is faulty...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
          « Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 07:38:26 AM »
          Thanks! Patio
          I would like to believe that it is faulty, but i dought this is because i'm looking for drivers for two notebooks both are Pavilion dv 6000 series one is 6707rs and the other is 6306rs. I looked through the Product specification of both notebooks and i compared the the details of the LAN Adapter, they look almost the same, i also tried the drivers on booth Notebook but did not work on non of them, then this means that booth LAN adapter are faulty? i dont think so, and the other thing is that when vista was running on these notebook the LAN adapter was functioning just fine, these are the specs of the LAN card on each Notebook:   
          ntegrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN for HP Pavilion dv6707us Entertainment Notebook PC
          ntegrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector) for HP Pavilion dv6306rs.

Any other idea or suggestion is welcome, will post back as well as soon as i get it sorted out, meanwhile i'm counting on your help too.
          Thax!

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 08:46:28 AM »
          DLoad install and run Everest Home.....FREE
          This will give you more specific details about the PC's components...
          You can post the Computer Summary portion here as well and we'll have a looksee...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
            « Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 07:23:51 AM »
            Hey guys thanks so much for your support. i finally found the soultion for my problem on this website and things are working fine on booth Notebooks.
            here is the site http://www.fastfs.com/help_pages/hp%20downgrade.htm

for future reference.
            Hope this helps someone too..!!!!!! :D