Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The 10 Dumbest Tech Products So Far  (Read 3872 times)

Broni

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
The 10 Dumbest Tech Products So Far
« on: June 10, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »
http://www.pcworld.com/article/165546/the_10_dumbest_tech_products_so_far.html

New Coke. Chia pets. Ashton Kutcher. All are bad ideas that should have been snuffed out before they emerged into public consciousness. All are things that make you scratch your head and say, "What in God's name were they thinking?"

For instance....

Pop quiz: What talked to anyone who wandered by, sang the same damned songs all the time (always off-key), did a lousy Elvis impersonation, and had more than a passing resemblance to Bullwinkle J. Moose? No, it wasn't your Uncle Festus. It was Buck, the Animated Singing Trophy Deer.

This motion-activated life-size deer head--from Gemmy Industries, the same demented folks who brought us Big Mouth Billy Bass, the singing fish--swung its antlers from side to side as it murdered classics like "Rawhide," "Sweet Home Alabama," and "On the Road Again." Why not Blondie's "(I'm Always Touched by Your) Presence, Deer" or Jimmy Buffett's "Door Number Three" ("And Monte, I sure need the doe")?

Answer: a failure of imagination. The kit did include a microphone, however, so you could project your own voice via Buck's lips, amusing your friends and frightening the children.

Sure, it sounds like fun, but after the third rendition of "Suspicious Minds," this novelty item's novelty value began to plummet toward negative numbers. We recommend passing this Buck as quickly as possible--not hard as he has been discontinued.

Good news...perhaps? Big Mouth Billy Bass is now available as an iPhone app. Warning: It's awful!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 07:52:58 PM by Broni »

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
Re: The 10 Dumbest Tech Products So Far
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:49:40 PM »
broken link.  Stupid company with that deer head needs to be put out of business

Broni

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:53:19 PM »
Link fixed...

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 08:25:24 PM »
Actually, that deer head could be useful for a practical joke. you know, put it in say, your bed next to your wife/GF, and then talk to them through the microphone or something, and be all like "OMG, something is wrong...I can't feel my arms or legs!"

and then when they lift the covers "AHHHHH! You've been transformed into a deer bust!"
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 08:33:31 PM »
Wow! those are stupid!

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 06:55:52 AM »
Actually, that deer head could be useful for a practical joke. you know, put it in say, your bed next to your wife/GF, and then talk to them through the microphone or something, and be all like "OMG, something is wrong...I can't feel my arms or legs!"

and then when they lift the covers "AHHHHH! You've been transformed into a deer bust!"
That made my day, just reading it!
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 07:46:08 AM »
I wonder if a hunter in a tree would get scared or shoot the beast.I know what I would do.

Talking deer head ?  ???  hahaha!

Thanks Broni...I needed that!!! ;D
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.