Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: First time installation/ D-link DI-624 router HELP!  (Read 2148 times)

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
First time installation/ D-link DI-624 router HELP!
« on: June 04, 2009, 06:29:05 PM »
The Ethernet {cats UTPsraight-through} cable is missing,but would a standard PC to DSL ethernet  modem cable work?  Now using Att DSL light  796kps speed  Motorola modem & working great, but my nephew wants to connect to my PC with a 3+old D-link router to try & buy. Is it important to know what his lap-top adaptor or device inside matches or allows to connect ot the router signal?  Even with the D-link instructions manual there seems to be a difference of opion on how to do it right!  Seems almost simple,but unsure as for the first time tried???  UPDATED: 6/7/09;  My Acer ast 180 desktop will be the the main router connection in which my newphews Dell  wireless laptop needs a router internet link connnection as well !  Which connect source receives the RJ45  cable upload? 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 09:03:28 PM by beanodino1 »

midsail

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: First time installation/ D-link DI-624 router HELP!
    « Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 06:24:51 AM »
    Hello
    follow this link for instruction.
    http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di624_revc/help_men.html
    Also if u r just trying to connect with a patch (straight cable), u should be able to just plug into any connection on the back (#1-4). Just make not to plug into the uplink RJ45 connection.