Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless is on, But explorer, firefox, opra , all are not browsing.  (Read 3129 times)

khawar93

Topic Starter

Hello,
    I have Windows XP. Unfortunately i have to use an unsecure wireless at some cafe shop yesterday. When i came to my workplace, my wireless is showing connected in goos speed, but i am unable to browse any page on exoplorer, firefox and opera.
    Can u help me plz.
    Highly appreciated.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    1. Click Start>Run (Start>"Start search" in Vista).

2. Type in (or copy and paste):

cmd /c ping google.com>%temp%\$.$&notepad %temp%\$.$

and press Enter.

3. Notepad will open.

4. Copy all text in Notepad ([Ctrl-A], then [Ctrl-C]), and then post it (paste = [Ctrl-V]) in your next reply.

khawar93

Topic Starter

Thank you so much.
      I did as u advised. instead of opening notepad, dos window opened. i tried 2 times and same result, dos window opened with ....c,documents-...etc...

But the GREAT news is , after that i open my explorer and it started browsing...
      Thank you so much...I am wondering, what wa the issue and is it the way to solve if hapens in future too...

Thanks again...

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      I think, it was a coincidence, because my script doesn't fix anything. It just reports, if the connection is there.
      In any case, I'm glad, your're back in business :)