Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed  (Read 8739 times)

petenwlk

Topic Starter

Rookie

Assassin's Creed
    « on: June 08, 2009, 10:59:14 PM »
    Ive just bought Assassin's Creed  for my p.c.. I've lowered all the graphics,shadowing etc and drop the rez to the lowest possible..the game plays ok but doing the cut scenes they say what they gotta say but then they spend another minute waving there arms around and also on horseback the game slows down a bit..Is there anything else i can do to help with the performance? How do i turn off programs running in the backround..
    I don't have much of my computer specs on hand but this is what i know it has.. HP desktop, Nivda graphics, duel pent 240 MHz,vista windows 3gig of memory... If any one has any ideas plz let me know...thx
    See, the human mind is kind of like ... a pinata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the pinata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience.

thebled

Rookie

Re: Assassin's Creed
      « Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 01:13:28 PM »
      I would say upgrade your CPU , GPU , and possibly your motherboard.

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 01:16:45 PM »
      I think you mean a 2.4ghz cpu.  There are programs that shut off things you dont need that help.  Let me see if I can find one for you later.  Remind me if I forget

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 04:40:47 AM »
        Didnt know you could get this for the pc  :o  Your video card drives may need updated, after so long enter the matrix worked okay on my rig but it was like what your experinceing.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 09:54:50 AM »
        I would say upgrade your CPU , GPU , and possibly your motherboard.

How about we just tell him to buy a whole new computer? There's an idea.  ::)

Petenwilk, could you be more specific about your hardware? Please list all model numbers, including those of the computer itself, the video and sound cards, and anything else. "Nvidia graphics" could describe 100 cards, so it doesn't help at all.

petenwlk

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 10:01:22 PM »
          Thx for the help yall! I'm just gonna go out friday and buy a PS3. Its past due anyway..im still on the ps2 and xbox, Its about time i make the move to the next gen...thx again!
          See, the human mind is kind of like ... a pinata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the pinata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience.

thebled

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 02:54:17 AM »

Petenwilk, could you be more specific about your hardware? Please list all model numbers, including those of the computer itself, the video and sound cards, and anything else. "Nvidia graphics" could describe 100 cards, so it doesn't help at all.

You could buy these parts for about $200 which is an easy upgrade and doesnt require him to buy a new computer I was giving him a suggestion to improve his gameplay.

quaxo

Guru
              • Yes
            • Experience: Guru
            « Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 03:18:12 AM »
            You could buy these parts for about $200 which is an easy upgrade and doesnt require him to buy a new computer I was giving him a suggestion to improve his gameplay.

He doesn't need to spend anything to play this. 3GB of RAM and a 2.4 Ghz dual core CPU is more than sufficient to play this game (and above the system requirements recommended for it). The problem isn't his hardware. Both my desktop and laptop run very smooth when playing this game and they're both comparable to what he currently has (except the video card which he didn't mention the model of). As long as his video card supports SM3.0 and has 256-512MB of RAM, he shouldn't have a problem. My guess is something else is bogging down his system, his video card isn't beefy enough, or some drivers need updated.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 04:20:46 AM »
              probably his video card updates?
              Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

morton007

Rookie
                « Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 05:56:53 AM »
                How about we just tell him to buy a whole new computer? There's an idea.  ::)

he sould just upgrade not get a hole new pc that a wate of munny if he has a pufectly fine pc now

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                  • BC-Programming.com
                • Certifications: List
                • Experience: Beginner
                « Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 11:54:29 AM »
                he sould just upgrade not get a hole new pc that a wate of munny if he has a pufectly fine pc now

err... I think that was part of quaxo's point...
                I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
                  • Yes
                « Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 12:04:31 PM »
                and an epic bump

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 12:34:27 PM »
                  ah noob's, somethings for him to try have been posted.  Seeing as it probably worked he had not come back.

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
                    • Yes
                  « Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 08:18:44 PM »
                  squall, I remember you making an epic bump a while back.  Does that make you a noob?

morton007

Rookie
                    « Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 04:51:15 PM »
                    im a rookie ovesly ill make and epic bump im new i dident pay eny notice to it