Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: forwarding without other addresses  (Read 3479 times)

computey

forwarding without other addresses
« on: May 19, 2005, 04:24:13 PM »
 Give me away to forward  e-mail sent to me without forwarding all the e-mail addresses and whether it contains file attachments or not. Any ideas? ??? ???

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: forwarding without other addresses
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 04:31:05 PM »
That's pretty hard to do... Not even sure that it's possible... I know that you can send all E-Mails over to one address, but not filter them for attachments, or from certain addresses...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 12:36:07 AM »
    computey...Ok , thats really simple ......lets say you have received a Email that was sent to a number of recipients......and you wish  to forward it to someone else without all of the original recipients Email address .
    Step 1 ....open the Email in question.
    Step 2 ....click on the Forward button .
    Step 3.....select and hi lite all of the original recipients.
    Step 4.....Press the backspace key and they're all gone .
    Step 5.....Put in the address of the person or persons you wish to send it to and press SEND .......

It's just that easy........and of course you can see if there's an attachment or not . If you dont wish to send the attachment ......simply right click on it and select remove and its gone .

Hope this helps ,

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

computey

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 11:19:57 AM »
     Just clicked on an e-mail with a number of addresses attached. Clicked on `forward ` as you mentioned.Could not hi lite  the addresses as they were missing. In the msg area it said"forwarded message attached". Using Yahoo e-mail.
    « Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 11:22:36 AM by computey »

gussery

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 11:30:15 AM »
    Change your forwarding options under Mail Options, General Preferences, Message Actions to....

Forwarding Messages:   Forward as inline text  

Then you can edit the message before sending it.

On a side note....... I hate forwarded messages that come in the form of attachments.  Just another thing I have to open.

computey

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 11:33:53 AM »
    By experimenting I found this to work in deleting addresses while forwarding--at least this one time.

Click the down arrow on the `forward` button,click `inline text`. After that delete addresses with mouse.

computey

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 11:37:07 AM »

Will try your suggestion in the next incoming mail with said addresses. Thanks for patience.