Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to send an "E Mail Link" from toolbar  (Read 3448 times)

Ptfitzy

Topic Starter

Rookie

Unable to send an "E Mail Link" from toolbar
    « on: June 09, 2009, 08:12:30 PM »
    I have Internet Explorer 7 SP1" with "Vista Home". This computer is a Dell Studio only 3 months old. Google is my Default Page for Internet Explorer. When I open Google, in the upper right hand corner of the Toolbar is "Page".
    It has a Drop Down arrow. I am unable to "Send Link by E Mail" or "Send Page by E Mail". Both are in Gray. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ptfitzy

hot dog

Re: Unable to send an "E Mail Link" from toolbar
    « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 02:45:49 AM »
    Try resetting Internet Explorer to it default settings...

Open Internet Explorer, click TOOLS, click Internet Options, click on "advanced" tab, and click the "reset" button, to reset IE.....When it is finished...close IE, open it back up and see if your "Page" icons are active

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 06:11:25 AM »
    Does the same thing happen if you right click a blank area of the page you want to send as a link ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 06:13:43 AM »
    What page are you on when you try this? Obviously it won't work if you don't have any page open. :D

Ptfitzy

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 08:13:24 AM »
      Thank you so very much "blockhead" "Patio" and "Tupac" for your help and quick response.  I hope this message makes it to you.

It was my "Default Settings".

Fitzy

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 08:16:37 AM »
      Excellent !

Stop by anytime and Welcome to Computer Hope !
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 08:25:17 AM »
      Stop by anytime and Welcome to Computer Hope !

Do that, and I'll remember you as the person who called me Tupac. ;D

hot dog

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 12:42:25 PM »
      glad it worked for you  ;)

Ptfitzy

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Unable to open a Link sent by E Mail Returned
        « Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 07:45:47 PM »
        Hi gang. Sorry to bother you but I'm again having a problem. I can't open Links sent to me by E Mail.
        It worked yesterday after corresponding with you. I could not get the Links open this morning and so went back to "Default Programs" and went back to "Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
        I went in and clicked on "Mail to Protocol" for Windows Mail. I then clicked "Change Program".
        Also in Protocol was NEWS for "News Protocol" (I did not click on it because I thought it had something to do with receiving News).
        So after clicking Mail Protocol "Windows Live Mail" and "Windows Mail" popped up at the top near the "Change Program". I clicked on "Windows Mail" and it downloaded it and I closed it. It still did not work.
        On that page there is "Protocols" and "Extensions". I did not change anything in Extensions.
        I took a rest because it was driving me nuts. A couple hours later, I was able to open E Mail attachments.
        Tonight I got on the computer about 20 minutes ago and I could not attach an E Mail Attachment.
        Now it's working and I did not do anything to it.
        I fixed the "Drop Down" page in the upper right corner of my Google Toolbar. "Send Link" and "Send Page" works. In "Set your Default Programs" I clicked on "Internet Explorer" and Windows Mail and set each as my Default program. When I click on "Internet Explorer" I get "Google" which is what I wanted.
        I don't know why the E Mail Links work sometimes and other times do not work.
        I know you guys don't like to send your E Mail addresses and I I totally understand. I was going to send a "Snippet" to you so you could see what I may be doing wrong. Presently it's working now.
        Thanks a lot, Phil - Ptfitzy