Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bad ram?  (Read 2788 times)

Eclipse

Bad ram?
« on: May 20, 2005, 01:18:39 PM »
Well everytime I attempt to watch a movie clip or just downloaded a song clip or anything like that when I attempt to play it my computer completely slows down... and if i try to do anything my computer just beeps and beeps and eventually restarts itself.... everytime I reboot from it it says 'You have recovered from a serious error' i've been told I have bad ram or something
the error signature is:
BCCode : 1000008e     BCP1 : 80000003     BCP2 : BFA1B69E     BCP3 : B290988C
BCP4 : 00000000     OSVer : 5_1_2600     SP : 2_0     Product : 768_1    
If that helps :S... Thanks in advance. ???

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Bad ram?
    « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 01:28:36 PM »
    Eclipse......  when you D/L the movie clip ..........try this right click on  " save target as " and save it to your desktop ....... then open it with WMP and things should be ok .

let us know

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Eclipse

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 04:02:56 PM »
    No, I can't open anything like that everytime I try to read the ram with everest or sandra i get a blue screen, also my computer is shutting down automatically every 30 mins I have to cut the power and redo it for it to turn back on.. something is seriously wrong.
    and I can't open any type of music or video file now thats already on my computer :S
    « Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 04:05:58 PM by Eclipse »

rs8389

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 09:21:43 PM »
    Yeah, it may be that one of the sectors in the RAM has gone bad.  If you have more than one stick, try using them one at a time, then, test-run your computer.  Naturally, the stick that fails is the faulty one....

If you have more than one stick, and they both fail, chances are, it's a virus problem rather than a RAM problem...  At this point, try using a different stick in your computer, and if it doesn't work, you're probably looking at a virus problem.  If the other stick of RAM does work, then you indeed have a RAM problem.

If you only have one step, you can still do the process I listed right above (Use different stick), and if the other stick causes a problem too, you have a virus problem.

Hope I helped!

ZCA81

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 09:19:53 AM »
    Is the RAM generic or branded. Ive always used generic cause its cheap and have never had any problems, but some of the sticks can be dodgy.

Eclipse

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 09:45:58 AM »
    I can keep my computer on overnight fine but if I open a game or a big file my computer cant handle it so it shuts down, I'm going to try the ram thing... thanks for the help