Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Scanjet 4370  (Read 2363 times)

powrus

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

HP Scanjet 4370
    « on: June 14, 2009, 12:05:14 PM »
    Hello everybody -

New to the forum.  Also new is a problem with my scanner; namely, a HP Scanjet 4370.  My operating system is Vista Home Premium.  I am connected to the scanner via USB.  This scanner was not originally compatible with Vista, but HP software has provided software in order to update the drivers accordingly.  This scanner/Vista combo has worked fine for 2 years without a hitch.

While repairing my HP printer recently (different issue) I apparently caused a problem with my scanner by removing some vital information.  The scanner drivers seem to be in order and the scanner is installed in good order ... but when the scanner is activated it no longer has a destination "scan to". 

Previously, the "scan to" options were HP Printer, PDF writer, MS XPS, and MS One Note.  The default destination was my HP Printer, but any of the other destinations were available to be selected.  Now, no options are available to the scanner.

I cannot find a source to load "scan to" choices for the scanner.

Roger

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: HP Scanjet 4370
    « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 01:30:37 PM »
    Did you uninstall/reinstall printer/scanner driver?

powrus

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 03:26:23 PM »
      Broni -   Thanks for your reply.  Yes, the driver software has been UN installed and RE installed approx 3 times.  When the problem first surfaced, I did the UN install, restart, and then RE install.  When I noticed the installation indicated all the drivers and software was successful - and the scanner still wouldn't respond, I figured something was missing via the OCR software.  But, the OCR software was installed successfully along with the driver. 

So, I repeated the process one more time with still no success.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 03:58:16 PM »
      One important thing about printer/scanner driver installation.
      This is how it should be done, in most cases.
      1. Uninstall driver.
      2. Uninstall printer.
      3. Turn off computer, and printer.
      4. Disconnect printer cable form the computer.
      5. Install printer driver, and connect printer cable to the computer only when the driver installation asks for it.