Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Freezing soon after startup  (Read 2599 times)

Fail Diego Fail

Topic Starter

Freezing soon after startup
    « on: June 15, 2009, 09:33:42 AM »
    Alright I have a windows vista that has been running very smoothly without a single crash or freeze until now, which for whatever reason freezes my computer to the point that I must power everything off with the external button.  When I try to do a system restore to a previous date, it says some files on C:\ are corrupted and asks to schedule a disk check.  However, even when I can fit the normal shutdown in before a freeze, when I start up, the disk never gets checked and thus I cant fix any problems with my C drive and therefore I cannot do a system restore to about a week ago when it was working fine.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Freezing soon after startup
    « Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 09:37:49 AM »
    I use Vista at work, but I'm not thoroughly familiar with it.  Can you get it to boot to Safe Mode?  Perhaps you can run the chkdsk from Safe Mode.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

Fail Diego Fail

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 09:43:16 AM »
      The last time I tried safe mode (before this startup) it went straight to regular startup after trying to load for 20 mins.

more specs:
      SP 1
      Manufacturer: ASUSTeK
      Model: N80Vr/c/m/b/n series
      Processor: Intel core duo cpu T5800 @ 2GHz
      RAM: 4 GB
      Sys Type: 64 bit
      I have real windows, did not crack or anything..its legit
      I have had this comp for 6.5 months.

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
        • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 09:52:34 AM »
      Like Aegis said, if you could only get to Safe Mode, you could do a chkdsk from there. Also, you can use your Vista DVD and do a repair of your installation. I think you could also try chkdsk using the DVD.
      "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
      --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano