Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ask about Windows Vista Homebasic edition setting  (Read 3214 times)

blitz

Topic Starter

Rookie

Ask about Windows Vista Homebasic edition setting
    « on: June 16, 2009, 10:07:28 PM »
    I have an OS Windows Vista Home basic edition I need to setting my notebook for the first time what setting best suited for firefox setting and other please any help will be very appreciated

My PC:
    RAM:225GB
    Processor: Intel Centrino
    thanks for any help
    « Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 11:33:31 PM by blitz »
    Stupidity doesn't came because one intended but because man need to learn and try to feel how to fail

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Ask about Windows Vista Homebasic edition setting
    « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 10:25:09 PM »
    1. check out firetune software for a quick safe firefox optimization  --> http://www.totalidea.com/product.php?Product=FireTune
    adblock plus and ie tab are good extensions to have on your firefox (you can find them on the official firefox addon page)

2. I would use commodo firewall as my firewall (it's free and always will be) over the windows firewall, you should disable windows firewall first to prevent any potential firewall conflicts.

3. grab avg, avast or avira antivirus program (they're all free and only one is needed. don't get more than one but get the one you like best)

4. Have Ccleaner, Malwarebytes antimalware and superantispyware and perhaps advanced systemcare on hand.

That's all I have on mind  ... I'm sure you're already familiar with a lot of this stuff I mention and oh yeah, use the windows diskcleaner to clean out old restore points as they take up space.

blitz

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:30:56 PM »
      yes thank you for your advice and recomendations i want to ask baout how i manage my firefox internet setting such as : parental control, windows defender setting and other application for the safety networking
      Stupidity doesn't came because one intended but because man need to learn and try to feel how to fail

2x3i5x

Expert
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 11:03:35 AM »
      Before we get started, please list the settings that you want to know the most about, as they're probably the most important and what is your concern? You want to be a safer internet user?