Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: installation problem with Adobe flash9  (Read 4799 times)

little larry

Topic Starter

installation problem with Adobe flash9
    « on: July 21, 2008, 06:40:01 PM »
    I am using Windows XP all current updates and IE 7. I am trying to download Flash 9 and I get one of two responses. Most often this message" IE has blocked this site from using an activeX control in an unsafe manner. As a result this page may not display correctly." Other times I get a box on the Adobe download page that says installation is complete version 9,0,124,0 installed successfuly., but nothing happens. The bottom line is I can't install flash 9. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: While adobe website says it only offers help online for Flash products, I was able to get telephone help and I am pleased to report my problem has been resolved. Thanks.
    « Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:07:54 AM by little larry »

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced

little larry

Topic Starter

Re: installation problem with Adobe flash9
      « Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 08:31:09 AM »
      Thanks Soybean. I've tried all steps except downloading sublnACL from Microsoft. I don't have enough confidence in my abilit to do that without messing up. Any other suggestions or options?

farhad

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 11:08:05 PM »
      I am using Windows XP all current updates and IE 7. I am trying to download Flash 9 and I get one of two responses. Most often this message" IE has blocked this site from using an activeX control in an unsafe manner. As a result this page may not display correctly." Other times I get a box on the Adobe download page that says installation is complete version 9,0,124,0 installed successfuly., but nothing happens. The bottom line is I can't install flash 9. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: While adobe website says it only offers help online for Flash products, I was able to get telephone help and I am pleased to report my problem has been resolved. Thanks.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 06:22:24 AM »
      Adobe 10  is the lastest version.  Why are you seeking version 9?

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 06:32:51 AM »
      First, use this tool to uninstall all previous versions.

Then, use this direct download link to install Flash Player 10.

mcgill

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 12:58:19 PM »

i did try to install the subwhatever it downloaded but would not install either  so where do i go from here