Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: deltree does not work  (Read 5412 times)

kalasha

Topic Starter

Rookie

deltree does not work
    « on: June 17, 2009, 11:59:50 AM »
    i am making an all in one dvd for my computer to load the os, and other programs that will be installed.  i have most of it working but i cannot get the deltree command to work.

after the install, the runonce will copy the folders from the dvd to the c:\windows\temp\.... folders and install from there.  after the installation is done, i want to delete all of the folders in the ...\Temp folder but when i try to delte them usign dos, i get the following messgaes:

deltree c:\windows\temp\
    - 'deltree' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

rmdir c:\windows\temp\
    - the direectory is not empty

del c:\windows\temp\
    - c:\windows\temp\*, are you sure (y/n)?
    i press y, but i have a .tmp and a .dat file in the temp folder that is being accessed by another process (i have tried a reboot already)
    after this message nothing happens.  the other folders remain.

does anyone have any ideas on deleting everying in the ...\temp\ folder?

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: deltree does not work
    « Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 03:46:53 PM »
    Deltree is not available in NT systems.  Use Del.

Some applications, such as a firewall, use temp and tmp files constantly therefore those files cannot be deleted without first closing the applications.  Below is an example of trying to del all temp files on my system.

?C:\>del %temp%

f:\temp\*, Are you sure (Y/N)? y

f:\temp\Perflib_Perfdata_70c.dat
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    f:\temp\ZLT06743.TMP
    f:\temp\~DFD448.tmp
    f:\temp\~DFEF0D.tmp
    One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.