Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: monitor screen suddenly expands and brightens up unoccasionally  (Read 2777 times)

dhiren

i have a problem with my CRT monitor display. It suddenly stretches and brightens up more and becomes normal in a second or two. the first time, i thought that it was because of the UPS battery which had expired. after getting it changed the problem did not show up until recently when i cleaned and reassembled my CPU.
i have checked all the pins and plugs present in the CPU. The SMPS also seems to be fine.
i guess its the voltage fluctuation on the brightness control and the horizontal and vertical deflection plates on my CRT causing this.is there the problem in the power cables?   :-[

truenorth

Guru

Re: monitor screen suddenly expands and brightens up unoccasionally
    « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 08:15:25 AM »
    dhiren,Welcome to the CH forums. More than likely the problem is with the CRT itself. How old is it? Quickest way to verify the monitor is to try another one and see if things return to normal.Might be an opportunity to upgrade to a nice flat screen monitor.truenorth
    « Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:44:45 AM by truenorth »

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: monitor screen suddenly expands and brightens up unoccasionally
    « Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 08:31:26 AM »
    I agree with Truenorth here. It sounds like the CRT might be on its way out.