Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Possible Video Problem  (Read 4401 times)

James Howe

Possible Video Problem
« on: May 23, 2005, 10:16:35 AM »
Ok, i believe that this problem could be due to the fact that i installed the basic drivers but i am not sure. What happeneds is that when i run a game or sometimes a video test the monitor will just shut off and the speakers will make a weird continous sound as if the computer froze, i just got this computer about a month ago and i am just wonder what the problem could be. I am thinking that i should just reformat. Also i tried a new monitor and it still did the same thing. I ran several tests on the video card and it says its fine.

Just need some direction here

Raptor

Re: Possible Video Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 10:38:34 AM »
Make use of your warranty.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 04:17:08 PM »
Have you scanned for viruses? Have you made any changes to your system recently?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

chinaun

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 08:51:35 PM »
I having same problem after i change my Geforce mx200 VGA Card to Ati Radeon 9550, i have retrade my new VGA card from the shop once and update new driver. but the problem wont solve... my pc will restart automatic or sometimes just hang when i play game...

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 05:58:51 AM »
Be certain that you have uninstalled all drivers and files related to the Nvidia videocard.

• Use a registry scanner
  • Use a program such as Driver Cleaner.

locopuyo

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 03:31:13 PM »
I had a problem like that once, it ended up it had nothing to do with the video.  
Try updating your sound card drivers, that fixed it for me.

chinaun

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 10:45:06 PM »
Be certain that you have uninstalled all drivers and files related to the Nvidia videocard.

• Use a registry scanner
  • Use a program such as Driver Cleaner.

I have formated my pc after install Ati Radeon AGP card. But i got two exactly the same driver for my Ati Radeon in my pc after i install the driver provide by it, one is primary and one is secondary. did i need to uninstall one of it or leave it?

I had a problem like that once, it ended up it had nothing to do with the video.  
Try updating your sound card drivers, that fixed it for me.

hmm... i will try it later. thank for your info.

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 04:49:33 AM »
I have formated my pc after install Ati Radeon AGP card. But i got two exactly the same driver for my Ati Radeon in my pc after i install the driver provide by it, one is primary and one is secondary. did i need to uninstall one of it or leave it?  

Could you rephrase your explanation?

When you are speaking of a primary and secundairy installation, are you referring to the primary and secundairy monitors found in the advanced tab of your desktop settings?

-- I believe that is perfectly normal for most ATI Radeon cards. They often support two monitors.

Or are you referring to having two drivers installed at the same time?

chinaun

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 10:30:58 PM »

Could you rephrase your explanation?

When you are speaking of a primary and secundairy installation, are you referring to the primary and secundairy monitors found in the advanced tab of your desktop settings?

-- I believe that is perfectly normal for most ATI Radeon cards. They often support two monitors.

Or are you referring to having two drivers installed at the same time?

Yes.. you are right. it can be found in desktop setting. it also can be found in system information. sorry for late reply... busy on my work recently.