Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem after Factory restore.  (Read 3691 times)

ilsk

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Problem after Factory restore.
    « on: June 19, 2009, 10:34:35 PM »
    Im new here, and looking for some help. I did a factory restore on my Gateway LX4200-01-e, and it was working fine untill it restarted and was on the "please wait while windows continues setting up your computer". The power went off in my house (due to thunder) and when it came back on an error came up saying, "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows Installation cannot proceed. To install windows, Click OK, to restart, and then restart the installation".  It keeps saying this, I ordered A recovery CD from gateway, but was wondering if anyone knew a way around this of something to fix it while I wait?

Any help is great.us Thanks.us

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Problem after Factory restore.
    « Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 10:46:28 PM »
    You will need recovery CD... I am guessing you were recovering from the D: restore partition to C: when this happened and C: needs to function properly to access D: restore or you need the CD.

Dont feel too bad, a dog pulled the power cord out of a laptop in the middle of a Fat32 to NTFS conversion and my friend lost all his data a few years back. It happens to all of us!

I would invest in a $40 UPS Battery Backup though.

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Problem after Factory restore.
    « Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 11:19:48 PM »
    i've had that problem where computer was doing updates, and the power went off and when I restarted pc, couldn't restore it back. So just had to reinstall from cd, though I was happy that the stuff I lost wasn't major.