Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microphone Troubles  (Read 2189 times)

Spedmonger

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Microphone Troubles
    « on: June 20, 2009, 01:48:08 PM »
    First thing:I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum, so if I'm in the wrong place I apologize. Since i reformatted my computer I am unable to use any microphone. My computer just does not recognize it. I am using a Dell Inspiron 1521 running 32vista. I tried reinstalling the drivers and have scoured over sound manager a dozen times to see if anything with disabled but I still cannot find the source of the problem. Please help!

WyattSoft

Beginner

Re: Microphone Troubles
      « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 02:16:21 PM »
      Go into Device Manager:

Right click Computer > Manage > Device Manager

Are there any errors there? (Represented with an (i) over the device icon).

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 05:29:43 PM »
        Spedmonger, Under the heading of the "obvious" --are you sure that you are plugging the microphone into the correct female jack on the sound card? truenorth
        « Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 08:26:57 AM by truenorth »

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 06:32:16 AM »
          Attucally I was going to ask if it wasnt muted.  Thought that truenorth was going to ask oh well.  Check to see if its not plugged in the red female connector.  Also go down to were your volume control icon is an double click see if mic isnt mention an check the settings there.
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Spedmonger

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »
            WyattSoft:I did as you said, and I did not come back with any errors:
            truenorth:Yes, I do have the correct female jack.
            squall_01:I went into the settings, and there's is nothing on that would disable my mic.

I tried updating my drivers, but everything is update. Still no avail.

Spedmonger

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
              Problem solved! I had to manually download the updated drivers from dell's website. Thank you for all your help!

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 01:58:37 AM »
                okay, glad that its working okay then.  :D
                Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres