Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: msn crashing  (Read 2036 times)

phallan

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Here to learn
    msn crashing
    « on: July 02, 2009, 03:54:27 PM »
    Hey I'm not really good when it comes to this so would anyone who knows please try to explain what the error is.

My msn kind of hangs up alot and I have to end the process manually..this is really annoying and I was wondering what might be causing this?

improbabilitist

Re: msn crashing
    « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 04:07:04 PM »
    From my experience I really always hated MSN because of being such a sloppybloat program which forms conflicts with other programs quite a lot. Hence I use pidgin as my IM client.

What version are you using btw?

You could always try re-installing MSN (of course after removing the original MSN first completely), and seeing if that eases up the situation.

I hope this helps :)

phallan

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Here to learn
      « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 04:27:27 PM »
      All right, yeah I know msn seems to hate coexisting with other programs so I'll try to reinstall it. And as for Pidgin isnt that just Linux?

improbabilitist

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 04:31:26 PM »
      Primarily it was written for GNU/Linux systems but it was ported to windows as well (takes a little bit of getting used to, but in the end it works pretty awesome).

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 05:25:06 PM »
      aMSN is an excellent clone. Doesn't support multiple messengers like Pidgin does, but it supports MSN Messenger better than Pidgin does. For example, last I had checked, aMSN supports video, Pidgin doesn't and said they had no plans to do so either.