Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Vista Start Up Issues????  (Read 3932 times)

elj

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Windows Vista Start Up Issues????
    « on: June 22, 2009, 08:32:18 AM »
    Hi,
    My friend has a Dell Inspiron 1520 Laptop and having some major issues with it. The other day her son and my nephew were playing on it and being kids were fighting over it. So all she did was close the laptops cover. When coming to turn the laptop back on later it would look as if it would load up but doesn't get past the loading screen. First time round it was trying to repair something but she left this running for hours and it didn't successfully finish. I had a look, tried to run diagnostics but things passed. When trying to get into safe mode it loads up the drivers but hangs on BTHidmgr.sys then blue screen appears and restarts. I have tried to do a full system restore, but the CD only loads up so far then doesn't do anything, I waited for hours for it to tick over even from selecting the keyboard format I wanted, it just didn't get any further with the installation. I have tried allsorts but nothing seems to get far enough to be able to follow through with.

I hope this had made sense and someone can help

Many Thanks in advance ???

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
      • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows Vista Start Up Issues????
    « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 09:01:15 AM »
    Do you have the Vista installer disk?
    "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
    --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

elj

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Windows Vista Start Up Issues????
      « Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 09:54:32 AM »
      Do you have the Vista installer disk?

Yes I do, thats what I was trying to run through when it asked me what keyboard format I wanted then didnt move from there for hours so I had to manually turn it off. I have tried everything thats on the disk.