Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: noisy tower ??  (Read 5245 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: noisy tower ??
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 10:44:56 PM »
I always use a silly-putty replica. although the number of silly putty eggs required to duplicate it often exceeds the price of a more expensive PC, and I still need to get rid of the plastic egg containers too.

Not to mention it kind of sags after a while. By that time, I've already "complained" that it isn't working, so nobody would suspect me. MWA HA HA!
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 08:30:44 PM »
You could make your own

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 09:16:03 PM »
I always use a silly-putty replica.

Are you trying to tell us that you never thought of just putting an empty case in place of the "borrowed" PC?

I must admit though, I peed reading the posts...
Evil is an exact science.

paudashlake

Hopeful

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 09:19:01 PM »
    silly-putty

It picks up newspaper print!
    Hinkle Finkle Dinkle Doo.  AMEN!! 

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 09:29:48 AM »
    It picks up newspaper print!

Ahh, what fun the technicians will have... what fun...

"Hey Joe! Dis here PC case, it's all flopsy!"

*adjusts his monocle* "I say old chap your right!"

Well, what does we do, with a flopsy case? It don't feel like metal, I tells you. Hmm, tastes funny, too. kind of chewy."

"Indeed, I must confess to agreeing that the claim that this case is fully metal becomes more specious with each new clue. For example, the large number of plastic egg containers on the floor being the next one. What are they?"

"They is Silly putty containers!"

"Ahh, so what is this case made out of?"

"It must be dun made of Play-Doh!"

"Erm... no... how do you come to that conclusion?"

"Well, it says ere, that this is Non-toxic, and you knows, my cousin, he ate some play-dough, and he was fine, so that ain't no lie."

"But what does that have to do with silly putty? or the case, for that matter my unpleasantly  under-intelligent cohort?"

"Well, you see, my ma, she ates a thing of silly putty, on account o' thinking it was gum, man she was sick as a dog for days, she was. Ain't non-toxic at all! Tells me, that silly putty, them persons who make it, is liars, they is vending false informations, they is! So, On account o me eating a piece and not getting the gasses, I concludes that this here case, is soft on account o being constructered out of play-dough."

"A valid assumption, however, we must re-examine your evidence. One particular question, in my mind, my intellectually deficient friend of inferior intelligence, would have to be, the age of the silly putty that your mother had ingested."

"Why, I had that since I was a boy, why, I remembers, I would keeps it in my diaper even."

"I see, now, tell me, my insipid pseudosoph, at what age were you when she swallowed this silly putty?"

"Why, it was just last year, so I was, 28, I'm spose-in..."

"indeed, now then, my turkey-necked weasel-faced scum sucking invalid, was it not entirely possible, that the element of toxicity which your dear mother faced upon the ingestion of this silly putty was purely the result of it acquiring toxic elements throughout your ownership, via, for example, close contact with the contents of your diaper, and who knows what else? Perhaps it is not a manufacturing defect, or conspiracy, as you appear to claim, my nose-picking, boot-licking, groveling oaf, but rather more of an accidental poisoning?"

"mayhap, I spose."

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

luck of the irish

Intermediate
    « Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 03:00:15 PM »
    It does appear to be something is hitting the fan, let us know how you get on, however nobody can be certain without looking at it first, however the probability of it being the fan is 95%