Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Outlook 2003 - Printing Emails  (Read 5810 times)

im-a-pc

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: MS Outlook 2003 - Printing Emails
    « Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 04:09:38 PM »
    Thanks Rob and killerb255!

Both replies sound very useful. I will take a shot at the profile & let you know the results.

Thanks again!  ;)

im-a-pc

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 11:38:46 AM »
      I have followed the instructions left by Killerb255 and can report the following,

• A new Outlook profile was created but the print problem still occurred
      • All MS updates were in place
      • Printer drivers uninstalled/reinstalled.
      • I tried logging onto a different XP Pro machine in the office using the roaming profile. Profile loaded fine and outlook printed correctly with a space between the subject line and main body text. I have tested the profile on a second machine and again prints correctly.

Is the User's profile corrupt even though it functions ok on other PC's?

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 01:59:44 PM »
      Probably part of the hive that doesn't roam is indeed corrupted.  Suggest migrating over to a replacement profile.
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

killerb255

Adviser
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 09:11:29 PM »
        The only other thing I would suggest is trying the first half of #5 from my previous list:

5) Try logging in as a different user.  I'm not sure if your corporate environment is using roaming profiles, but if it is, then this could eliminate a few things.  Open up Outlook under the different user account and try printing an e-mail.  If the problem doesn't occur here, then the user's roaming profile might be corrupt.  To confirm this, log onto another PC with the user's account that is having the problem, and try to print.  If the problem exists, then yes, indeed, their profile is corrupt.  Start rebuilding that profile!

You tried the second half of this (different PC, same user), but not the first (same PC, different user).
        Quote from: talontromper
        Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.