Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELPPPPPPPPP  (Read 4600 times)

Anya

HELPPPPPPPPP
« on: May 22, 2005, 07:57:54 AM »
HII...  im trying to upload an animated image on my webpage but i dont know how to.. The file is a .GIF format. I've tried uploading it as an image and as an embeded object but have failed
can anyone help????????????

Doomsday_J

Re: HELPPPPPPPPP
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 08:18:52 AM »
You need to give more details if you expect to get an answer.

What type of web hosting service are you using? Is it a free online host like geocities or tripod or do you have your own domain registered with a web hosting company?

Either way, you should have access to a file upload tool. If its a free site like triod, they have one already for you. Just look in main page of your accont for file upload. If you are using a web hosting company, they will more than likely be using an FTP client like WSFTPLE. Contact your host for exact detalis on how to upload the files to the webserver.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 08:20:06 AM by Doomsday_J »

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 08:39:22 AM »
Well, if you have already uploaded the file, just insert it as a regular picture... That works for me...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

hywaydave

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 11:47:50 AM »
No matter how you're uploading the .gif file, you need to make sure you upload it as a binary.  WS_FTP is a good client, although I prefer FileZilla.  One other question, could you try and upload some other picture just for a test to make sure everything else is working?  If you need additional help, you can reach me at ResourcePC.

Dave