Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Free web hosting and design help?  (Read 5136 times)

Dr._Jalali

Free web hosting and design help?
« on: May 06, 2005, 07:09:30 AM »
Dear friends:  I am looking for someplace that offers free web hosting as well as help in building a decent looking website.  I used to use geocities.  It had good templates for background choice, fonts, page dividers, site visitor counters, links, uploads for pics., and it worked at a level for me:  absolutely simple.  Now, the country I live in has blocked geocities (oof!), not Yahoo, just geocities, so I am looking for a place to rebuild.  I have checked out a couple of place from my google search like webspawn but I couldn't find out how to change the font, or choose a nice background or get my pictures up there.
 any suggestions?
Thanks
Dr. Jalali

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Free web hosting and design help?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 12:43:49 PM »
Well.... This site I'm going to give you does NOT give you software to help build, but is great if you have design software already... Have a look... http://www.hostultra.com ...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Dr._Jalali

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 08:17:21 PM »
Thanks for the hosting site.  Now, what is the best program to use to build it  I have Front Page in my microsoft office.  Is there anything better that is availabie, gulp, for free?
Thanks

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 08:35:26 PM »
Microsoft Frontpage is a very good program... I use IBM myslef, which is an older program... Frontpage should work well for you... Unless you will be using a lot of flash animations, or are looking for a more user-friendly program...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

gussery

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 04:55:24 AM »
Flame,

Don't let Microsoft see you imply that Front Page is not user friendly. :):):)  They might come to your house and beat you with a rubber hose.  :o :o :o

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 01:02:35 PM »
That's why I never call them for support...  ;)  lol

[glb]Flame[/glb]

R0SS

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 07:02:20 AM »
I use Marcromedia Dreamweaver.

Its free to use for 30days but then it costs somthing like £350

i cant remember, But i bought it and it is gamn good. very easy to use

Ross
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 07:06:07 AM by R0SS »

hywaydave

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 07:35:05 AM »
I use Macromedia Dreamweaver as well, I like it a lot better than FrontPage.  But if you're looking for a FREE web design program, you should check out Nvu.  Although not as great as the other two, it'll probably help you get the job done and best of all..... it's completely free and it's available for Windows and Linux. If you need additional help, you can reach me at ResourcePC.

Dave
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 07:37:01 AM by hywaydave »

whoopiedoo

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 02:11:35 PM »
For a good webhost, i used freewebtown, it has UNLIMITED SPACE and you can sue FTP, the bad part is that you cant use PHP, CGI, and SQL files