Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Change external IP to whatever i want  (Read 6560 times)

axristos

Topic Starter

Starter

• Curious about computers
    Change external IP to whatever i want
    « on: June 29, 2009, 02:02:02 AM »
    Hello!! ,

If someone knows please dont hesitate to help me  ;D ;D !!Ok...I play CS:S(counter strike source) and particullarly at a wc3 server (where you gain level and stats) .This server saves your stats with the help of your IP address... But, recently i changed my router to a better one and my IP changed  :-X :-\ ... Fortunately, i have my old ip address(where the stats has been saved)...but i dont know how to change my new to the old one ...  ??? ??? :(

Basiclly i want to change my ip to one my own...to a specific one...not a random.. Is that possible??? And if yes how??? :-\

Note: I want to change my "external IP address" (ie. 89.250.11.23)
    Thank you!! 8) :D

fat_basterd21

Apprentice

• Experience: Experienced
    Re: Change external IP to whatever i want
    « Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:17:25 AM »
    Depending on what made your outside IP change you may be able to change it back. For instance. My cable modem assigns my computer with its IP address according to my MAC address which cannot be changed. So every computer gets its own personal IP. Its possible that the new router assigned your computer a different inside IP which then gave you a different outside IP. If you know the internal IP you were using before we can try to set it back to that and see if that helps you out.

Ohh and dont flame me on this I am a noob yes its just speculation :)

P.S. I hope you didn't actualy post your outside IP here. Not a wise choice to post.

::Edit:: Post us the make/model of your old and new modem also.
    CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE-CONTROL FOR COOL!!!

axristos

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 03:11:42 AM »
      I didnt understand much...but I have to tell you that this is not a matter of my internal IP... I know my Internal IP...This does not change. But the real problem is with my external IP.
      Look..., simply talking... I have an IP now (ie 89.25.205.20) and i want to change it back to another specific (ie 89.26.206.30). How can i do this???

P.S. These IPs are random taken  :P :P I am not soooo stupid :P :P

My old router: Fritz!Box Fon (Annex B) [the ISP is Hellas Online(it's from Greece)]
      My new router: NetFaster IAD [the ISP is Hellas Online]

fat_basterd21

Apprentice

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 03:54:59 AM »
      I did not mean to say your are stupid. There are two basic kind of IP given from ISP a "Static IP" which is always the same everytime you connect to the internet. And "Dynamic IP" which changes everytime you connect to the internet.

Now I have a static IP based on my MAC addres. its like a serial number on the hardware. If I change my computer the IP address is changed for the new MAC address. And if I change back to the previous computer I get the old IP address.

Another thing is routers often carry their own MAC address and it could be assigning a different IP address because the router has a different MAC Address.

Some routers I beleive alow you to change the MAC address. Unplug your router from the internet but plug the router into your computer. Open up Internet Explorer or Firefox and type 127.0.0.1       This usualy connects you straight to the router control options.  If there is the option to change your MAC address there you may be in luck. Many you cannot change though.

If you had a static IP before and all you changed is the router. It is probably the MAC address assigned to the router OR the way your router is handling your IP address.
      CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE-CONTROL FOR COOL!!!

axristos

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 04:16:25 AM »
        Sorry but you didnt undestand me...I dont want to change my Internal IP(maybe MAC address i m not sure what exactly you mean) I want to change the ip that is visible to others!!
        This IP that you mentioned is not the external but the internal IP address and I think that using my router's site to change IP , only changes the Internal IP (127.168.1**.*).

I want a way to change my "EXTERNAL IP" (The IP that is shown at sites like www.ip-adress.com)

Note: the thing I said with stupid i was joking :P i didnt mean to blame you :)

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 04:28:36 AM »
        The only way to change your external IP Address (the one everyone else sees) is if you ask your ISP.

axristos

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 04:37:31 AM »
          ohh... Ok... ::) ::) thank you  :( :(