Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't keep my msn.com home page in FF  (Read 4267 times)

sv7

Topic Starter

Rookie

Can't keep my msn.com home page in FF
    « on: June 01, 2009, 11:44:47 PM »
    I don't know if the original question went through, I timed out before submitting, so please forgive if this is duplicate post.

Hi guys, long time no see.  This is wordy, but bear with me, please.
    I use FF browser (updated faithfully) for everything but IE/Windows updates.  I have it set to automatically open a couple of tabs for my convenience, one of them being the msn.com home page (the one with the search links at the top, news links, hotmail link, etc.)  In the last week or so I've noticed that instead of getting this home page, I'm automatically diverted to the msn sign-in page.  Clicking the back button either got me to the hotmail sign in page or just a refresh of the msn sign-in.  Tried the back menu (down arrow) and either saw half-dozen sign-in pages, or if the msn.com address was there it still redirected me to the sign-in page.  Typing msn.com in the address bar redirects to the live sign-in.  I've closed the tab and opened a new one; I may get the msn.com page the first time but then the same problem occurs once I've signed in to hotmail and signed out again.  I've checked the tools/options and I have the correct address there, nothing has changed there. 
    NOTE:  This does not happen in IE.  I can sign into and out of hotmail with aplomb, no problem with the msn homepage appearing and staying put. 

Is this some new quirk of FF vs MSN?  Yes, it's a matter of convenience, but I want what I want.  What can I try to get rid of that annoying sign in page every time I sign out of hotmail and go back to the msn.com page.  As always, thanks for your help.

sv7

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Can't keep my msn.com home page in FF
      « Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 11:09:33 PM »
       ::)  Well, it appears the adjustment in my bifocals helped the most...  I believe now I was not paying close enough attention to where I was clicking.  Sandwiched in between the two Hotmail links was a sign-in link to the msn site.  I have not had a repeat of my problem since I started being more careful about where I click...(sigh.  I really miss my mind sometimes.)  Thanks for not razzing the old fart on this one.   :-[
      And Happy Father's Day, if it applies.

techblue

Rookie
        Re: Can't keep my msn.com home page in FF
        « Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 10:52:19 PM »
        Glad you were able to figure out what the problem was.