Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sleep Issue  (Read 3770 times)

illini1022

Sleep Issue
« on: June 28, 2009, 04:48:37 PM »
Trying to figure out what the issue is here, this problem was present both in my current Windows 7 installation and my former Windows Vista installation.

Sleep has never worked correctly for me with this build. Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, AMD 4200 X2,8800GTS. The computer will go to sleep perfectly fine, but it will not wake up. Pressing the power button makes the hard drives spin up, and the fans spin on. The monitor never turns on though, and the computer never POSTS (beeps). So its like it kicks the aux power on to some devices, but never resumes the system.

I've tried turning on and off hybrid sleep mode, S1 mode, S3 mode, no luck with any of them. No matter what it won't resume. I've replaced the power supply and this problem still exists before and after this change. I'm at a bit of a loss here.  ???

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Sleep Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 05:09:34 PM »
If it's desktop, forget Windows power saving features. Maybe by next century, M$ will be able to fix them (I doubt).

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 07:46:09 PM »
I agree with Broni here. Sleep mode + desktop = problems. Especially if you don't have a UPS backup to provide continuous power in the event of a power failure. Too many times have I seen a desktop not want to come out of sleep mode after a power failure. Never had an issue with laptops though, provided the battery is always in.

umbildee

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 08:33:26 AM »
    I also encounter same problem with my dell notebook that sometimes I have to force it to power off by removing its power supply and battery.
    everything seems to wake up but the monitor is still dead. I also done some tweaking on my power saving setting but still no joy!.
    so no sleeping mode for me now!  :-\