Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unwanted Screen Resolution Issues  (Read 7770 times)

johnwharper

Re: Unwanted Screen Resolution Issues
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2005, 12:10:21 PM »
T%hanks for your interest, folks .  I think I need the answers to my previous postprior to taking any action.

In response to the two comments recently received, this problem existed before I upgraded to XP Home from Windows 2000.  I hate to use System Restore as I don't wnat to loose my XP Home and the problem existed befor I hd this installled.  And yes, I have been clicking Apply and then OK consistantly, both as user and Administrator.  There is a difference, I believe, in what these two buttons do.  I am logging on like always, both as a user and as an Administrator, to no avail.  Thnaks again for the thoughts.

Raptor

Re: Unwanted Screen Resolution Issues
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2005, 12:34:39 PM »

1)  What is a registry scanner and where do I get one?

2)  How do I figure out which chipset drivers I have? I don't yet feel absolutely certain that I have the proper chipset drivers but would bet they (it) are (is) the 810 series.  Don't they come as a single driver and not drivers?

3)  I am not a dufus, I am not a dufus, I am not.....

1. A registry scanner is an application that can scan the windows registry automatically and detect, correct and/or remove faulty entries. These entries are often caused by uninstalled drivers and applications.

Registry First Aid is an excellent registry scanner. Obtain it here
-- There is a trial version available for download. There are many other registry scanners. Some of which are entirely free.

2. You have several options, the three I will state are most common:

1. Refer to your mainboard manual.
2. Inspect your mainboard.
3. Contact your mainboard manufacturers for precise information or consult their website.

3. Do not despair, you have quite an unusual problem.