Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

Which MMO is the best true to the nature of MMOs?

Guild Wars
Everquest 1
Everquest 2
World of Warcraft
Lord of the Rings Online
Warhammer Online
Final Fantasy Xl
Lineage ll
Other

Author Topic: Top MMORPG  (Read 10874 times)

macdad-

Expert

Re: Top MMORPG
    « Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 10:07:56 AM »
    Looks pretty nice, definetly something I will try.

Except seems out of my range due to specs.. :P
    If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.

jimbo8098

Beginner

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 06:05:39 PM »
      Other...

I would say that the best mmoRPG game (please note rpg) is probably Last Chaos

its a bit like wow only costs much less and members get huge benefits , im a non member so i dont know what they get exactly ... there is an apprentice system where you can train with other players to level up much quicker and also clan systems , party systems and great trading systems

http://lastchaos.aeriagames.com/

BUT!!!!

If you prefer FPS games I would suggest War Rock AWESOME game. 2K games produced it I believe , they are experienced in making FPS game (try Prey for a taster) . FPS/RPG game sorta. You can choose any of five branches (you can change during games) and (in team deathmaches) you fight the opposing side for supremacy of the map using guns , helis , tanks , humvs  and jets (and more) . there is a wide variety of guns (I'm guessing between 50 and 70 ) and you get start off guns with slots , each has a knuckle and sidearm , but each has a different weapon as main (medic , engineer , assault sniper , heavy) and everyone except the medic and engineer have a two grenades , with the enginneer and medic having a spanner (to repair vehicles) and a medikit (to repair people ;D)

http://www.gamersfirst.com/warrock/

I am currently working for clicknetworks IT Support. Please feel free to visit our site at http://www.clicknetworks.co.uk

seansmgp2

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 10:37:24 PM »
        *censored*
        No Diablo 2:LOD???

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 11:22:58 AM »
        *censored*
        No Diablo 2:LOD???

It's an RPG that can be played online. It doesn't exactly qualify as a MMORPG.

JamesN

Greenhorn
          « Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 08:25:13 AM »
          I used to play RuneScape when I was 12 - 14 and I loved it... Never played any others sinces!

computer_says_no

Rookie

• congratulations, you were just KuRbStOmPeD
            « Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 10:07:52 AM »
            theres alot of good games on that list but for me i like a game with good character custimisation for that reason i had to choose WoW. i also picked LoTRO because i think its a pretty awesome game and wasnt given enough credit, but hey thats just my opinion ;)
            if i had one wish it would be the ability to turn into a.........BANANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (| (|

quaxo

Guru
              • Yes
            • Experience: Guru
            « Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 09:43:17 PM »
            Out of curiosity, I decided to try Star Wars Galaxies today. I'd have to say I'm less than impressed with it. Definitely something I wouldn't pay for (I downloaded the trial). The graphics and game play feel so dated for a game that was released in 2002. Character movement reminds me of Anarchy Online (yet another failed MMORPG), very slow and clunky. The models overall are less than impressive. The whole interface is just awkward. Space flight and combat were terrible.

If they had managed something along the lines of Eve Online or even Freelancer for space combat and the smoothness of play that WoW has for the planet-side of things, this game probably would have been far more successful. I don't know what it was like before they did their "combat upgrade" and other "improvements", but I'm glad I never wasted money on this.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
            • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • BC-Programming.com
            • Certifications: List
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 10:07:41 PM »
            I think they went about the star trek one the wrong way. I shouldn't have been an MMORPG, and instead been an action title.

you could choose from one of several characters:

Kirk, whose controls consist of:

A) ask spock for advice. if spock isn't available, talk to himself in the form of a log entry, which just happens to be perfectly phrased to update anybody who is just tuning in.

B) making, executive, decisions, without, hesitation, but, always, hesitating, while, speaking.

C) make sure to send some flat, unheard of before character into dangerous areas knowing full well that they don't stand a chance.

Spock who can:

A) call the scenario, "fascinating" unless somebody else suggests it to be fascinating, in which case it is merely "interesting".

B) use the "Vulcan sleeper hold" thing, they think it's because of the action on their shoulder, when in fact it is Spocks intense body odour, when encountered unexpectedly, that causes them to pass out. Apparently deodorant is illogical as well.

C) make trite observations about emotions generally in a way that allows any person that conveniently happens to be watching to learn something about themselves or far more likely cause some sort of plot shift or concept twist that changes the story, and everybody learns a lesson in the end. Except spock, who insists there is too much pepper in his macaroni salad.

The Doctor, Deforest kelley... I mean, McCoy, Whose special moves consist of:

A) Calling Spock a green blooded vulcan, ceaselessly, even after being told time and time again that Spock doesn't give a *censored* what he thinks.

B) becoming emotional for no good reason. Or for a good reason, which is quickly forgotten since nobody expects him to get emotional when it is appropriate.

C) reminding everybody he's a doctor. "I'm a DOCTOR, not a nurse, now get me the hypo spray, or whatever we call it."

D) using is extreme doctor skillz to tell people when somebody has died.

Secret characters include Captain Picard, whose special move consists of standing up and pulling down his shirt so it's in the right spot again, and performing the "picard Palm" maneuver. As well as Data, who is very similar to spock but more amusing as they non-so-subtle-y use him to poke fun at human fiobles. Just like with spock, but without the pointy ears. Oh, and  the b button let's him jump. No other character can jump. Not even Scotty (who is also a character... his special move is to remind everybody that he can't change the laws of physics, which he does anyway, or to say something isn't possible immediately before doing it.

An additional feature is being able to take control of the enterprise and move it's strangely-plastic visage towards oddly blurry and often plastic-looking planets whose outward appearance can seem very hostile (dark green, red, various hues) while at the same time having surface conditions similar to earth. And for those that don't they wear poorly ventilated environment suits that look more like poor halloween costumes then anything with any practical use.
            I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.