Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Self Built PC only boots when reseating Battery  (Read 1842 times)

xmorbidartx

Topic Starter

Rookie

Self Built PC only boots when reseating Battery
    « on: July 02, 2009, 04:27:22 AM »
    Hello there guys, i'll make the question quick and painless, secondly, sorry if this question has been asked many times and I didnt spot it, jsut didnt have the time to go through all the threads >.<, anyway, ill get right to it.

My basic problem is, I can't seem to be able to boot up my Self Built system by pressing the On/OFF buttons, reset, nothing. After reading the motherboard's manual, I tried removing the battery, then place it back in, connected the power connections and walla the system turns on and functions correctly. If I shutdown, I can't start it back up, I have to repeat the procedure.

My computer specs are:

Motherboard: Intel DX58S0 Extreme series.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2.67 GHz (not overclocked)
    Memory: 3x2GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600hmz (1.65V)
    Video Card: EVGA GTX 280 1GB ddr3
    PSU: Apevia Iceberg 680W ATX
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 i7 180W

My first assumption was that my PSU wasnt enough to power it up (and if it isnt, let me know), but when it started up after reseating the battery, made me wonder if perhaps I was doing something wrong with the BIOS or if the motherboard may be defective. I'm not too sure about how to go about configuring the BIOS nor jumper procedure.

I build the PC myself, there's sufficient cooling, especially for my processor, my only problem is this. Im positive Ic onnected the front panel connections correctly but, well if anyone can guide me the correct direction for this.