Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DEP Error preventing access to computer.  (Read 2891 times)

Harlequin

DEP Error preventing access to computer.
« on: July 03, 2009, 03:59:33 PM »
Hello, not to sure of the reason for the error but having read some previous posts it seems like the right forum to post. Yesterday evening after turning on my computer I got a "DEP userinit login app" message on my computer, blank screen but for message and background image. I managed to get my browser up, searched the web for the message, and came to this site. Read some more and came to the sticky on malware removal help. I've downloaded all programs listed, my java is upto date, and I'm running AVG Free with an upto date database by 1 day.

However I have no desktop, location of saved files, and cannot bypass this by using the task managers run feature. Both task manager and explorer (win start button + E) come up as DEP Errors. So in short I cannot install or run anything other than the browser.

Went to bed grumpy, woke up this morning, issue is still there, (faint hope this was a bad dream).

Any help will be appreciated.

(edit #1)
Managed to get desktop, installed and ran software in order EvilFantasy suggested. Log files are attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:57:12 AM by Harlequin »