Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Could someone please tell me if you can see the pictures?  (Read 30635 times)

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Could someone please tell me if you can see the pictures?
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2009, 04:14:27 PM »
Are you trying to say if it has freeweb in the address then it is a free site?

No, no. "freeweb" could be anything. It's just that your site would be what's called a "subdomain" of the main site.
I have a guide on my own site which may explain some of it.

http://www.webdesigntuts.net/html-tutorials/guide-to-html-links.html (yes I wrote it myself, this time ::))

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2009, 04:38:24 PM »
Thank you so much, yes, this explains just what the class says on all this stuff.
I also see how you typed out the codes for links and all that, yes, that is how things are typed out on my pages when I look at the codes, if I'm understanding it right.
Before even taking that class, I learned so much computer stuff though from my dad since he was a computer programmer. I miss my dad so much too  :'(. One of the things we always liked to do is chat with each other while he's at work I we would make chatrooms on like Mirc. Also other things we enjoyed doing all the time too is playing computer games too and trying to beat each others scores(which I always seem to do better than him on alot of them ;D).

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2009, 04:49:06 PM »
Sorry for posting again, but thought of something I'm just always wondering.
Is how are we able to do so many things out there as it seems we are able to add to our pages for free like creating a playlist of our favorite songs, videos, to add to our pages? Only thing I can think of is that is just something we get as part of all the money we pay anyways to use the internet.
Similar example is in order to watch tv, record tv shows and movies we are paying all this money to the cable company in order to get all the channel/stations.

2x3i5x

Expert
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2009, 06:36:34 PM »
I don't really know if it's because we paid to use the internet  ;)

But however though, at least for Angelfire, you know there's advertisements on your pages, that's allowing Angelfire to offset the costs of having that storage space that you, as the end user get to use for free  :)

In the end, everything costs something doesn't it ... money, time ... resources ...  ;D

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2009, 07:51:48 PM »
Here is something I just read and that maybe explains what I'm talking about us already paying for the internet is somehow paying for this stuff?
Or get more with an Angelfire Elements subscription, starting at just $4.95/Month:
* No Ads & More Space
 * Domain Name, POP/IMAP Email & Webmail tools

See when we setup our Bellsouth DSL stuff we had to do all the Pop, IMap, email and webmail settings.

So, I guess I'm thinking in order to even get to the websites in the first place, we couldn't get there if we didn't have the Internet at all and we are online all the time too with it being DSL and having to pay way more than $4.95 a month for the whole service.

I sort of see having the ads there gives the page some free graphics.
Plus like I've mentioned before about I enjoy helping others out, all my pages have a links page I make for them which for the title of the page I'll put something like (Links to other computer sites)- is what I have for the site I just started about computers. On that page I've got the banner for computer hope that I found you all have. No need to thank me for adding it. I feel that it helps give me a cute graphic for the page.
By being able to choose things like the colors for the background, text, links, all that stuff we get to choose from the lists feels like I'm creating things. I had to learn how to choose colors that look good with each other. Which I guess that is the situation with anything we create in life, whether it's for a website or just a picture we create for fun. Do you all like that movie theater I created? In case you are wondering what all those animals are doing sitting there, those are some of my pets I've adopted. I actually have more pets, but they were in other rooms of the house at the time. They didn't feel like going to the movies.

Well, I'll see you all later.
Take Care,
Amy

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2009, 12:00:54 PM »
Good news I think. That picture that wasn't showing up in IE, seems to maybe now be showing up.
What I did was first just tried to see if maybe this one little thing in the codes might be what is causing it. Just in case it somehow messes up the other stuff, I just opened up notepad and saved the code in there in case I need to put it back for some reason.

2x3i5x

Expert
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2009, 12:08:27 PM »
The website works in Internet Explorer fine, including the Compuuter and speaker image that used to be missing  :)

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2009, 12:37:27 PM »
Well done Amy.  :)
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2009, 02:18:09 PM »
works great

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2009, 02:25:30 PM »
Trying to get post count up, are we?

We've already established that it does work.... ::)